Ideas for Using Listenwise of Special Interest to...
From how to teach vocabulary and analyze a story, discover how to use Listenwise stories to meet your ELA instructional goals:
Listening plays a critical role in the success of English Learners. Explore the different ways Listenwise can provide powerful tools to support your ELs:
- Blog Post: Listenwise for In-Person and At-Home Learners
- Blog Post: Using Listenwise to Address Common Core Shifts
- Blog Post: Understanding the Listening-Reading Connection
- Blog Post: Vocabulary Learning with Listenwise
- Blog Post: Q+A With Kara Nierman, 7th Grade Teacher
- Blog Post: Four Ways to Analyze a Story with Listenwise
- Blog Post: Teaching Listening and Other Literacy Skills through Classroom Station Rotation (OnCUE Blog)
- Blog Post: Teaching Listening Skills with Listenwise (on The Daring English Teacher blog)
- Webinar: Tara & Abby: What's Working with ELs in Remote Learning (Nov 2020)
- Webinar: Erin Reaves: What’s Working with ELs in Remote Learning (Oct 2020)
- Webinar: Julie Waugh: What’s Working with ELs in Remote Learning (Oct 2020)
- Webinar: Building Capacity Beyond Compliance to Support English Learners in the Age of COVID-19 (July 2020)
- Webinar: Meeting the Needs of ELs in Remote Learning Using Listenwise (May 2020)
- Blog Post: Teaching Authentic Academic Language Remotely
- Blog Post: Teaching English Language Learners Remotely Using Listenwise
- Blog Post: How EL Teachers Use Listenwise
- Blog Post: Supporting ELs with Authentic Listening
- Webinar: How to Use Listenwise for English Learners
- Blog Post: Planned Speaking Practice
- Blog Post: Listening with English Learners
- Article: Teaching and Assessing ELLs' Listening Skills with Listenwise (Colorin Colorado)
- Case Study: Sanger Unified School District
VIDEO: CA educator, Megan DuVarney Forbes, "Too Cool for Middle School," shares how the Listenwise podcasts support her English Learners.
Social Studies Teachers
Go deep with a 30-minute webinar or check out blog posts to learn the various ways to use Listenwise to support your Social Studies curriculum:
Listenwise now has podcasts for grades 2 through 5! Find out how to use Listenwise resources to bring listening into your elementary classroom.
- Webinar: Infusing Technology into Social Studies Classrooms
- Webinar: Envisioning Lessons with Multimedia Text Sets
- Blog Post: Hurricane Podcasting Project with 8th Graders
- Blog Post: The 1619 Project: Teaching Resources and Lessons
- Blog Post: Promoting Civic Engagement With Your Students
- Blog Post: Interpreting Evidence About the Past, Using Listenwise
- Blog Post: Collaboration is Key in Erik Eve's 8th Grade Classroom
- Blog Post: Using Listenwise to Improve Historical Understanding
- Article: Using Listenwise to meet Content Standards (KQED Education)
- Webinar: Teaching with Podcasts in the Elementary Classroom
- Blog Post: Guide to the Elementary Podcast Collection
- Blog Posts: Elementary Podcast Lesson Sources on Listenwise
- Blog Post: Teaching "Bird Mystery" to a 4th Grade Classroom
- Blog Post: Elementary Podcast Collection Now Available
- Blog Post: Announcing the Best Podcast Lessons for Elementary Students!
- Blog Post: 4 Ways to Integrate Podcasts into Elementary Instruction
VIDEO: Find out why Advocate Laura Krenicki customizes Listenwise assignments to include inferencing questions.
Find out how Science teachers are incorporating Listenwise into the classroom.
AUDIO: Hear what Advocate Sebastian Byers' students think about doing listening activities with Listenwise: