Why Teachers Use Listenwise in Their Classrooms
Learn about research on the impact of listening on literacy and learning:
- Blog Post: Understanding the Listening-Reading Connection
- Blog Post: The 8 Components of Listening
- Blog Post: Teaching Levels of Listening
- Blog Post: How are Listening and Reading Related?
- Blog Post: How Do We Create Better Readers? Teach Listening.
- Blog Post: The Benefits of Captioning Listening
- Webinar: Tim Shanahan - Reading, Listening and Literacy
Click on the below graphic for the full infographic on "The Rise of Podcasting and Storytelling"
Common Core Skills
Learn how Listenwise can help students meet Common Core Standards for English Language Arts:
21st Century Skills
Learn how Listenwise can help students develop 21st Century skills and competencies:
Learn how Listenwise can help teachers and students personalize learning:
Lexile Framework for Listening
Listenwise podcasts now feature Lexile audio measures, which will help educators connect students to audio content at a level of complexity that is appropriate for their listening comprehension skills. Learn more about the measures and what it means for literacy:
Listenwise Content Philosophy
The mission of Listenwise is to inspire individuals to fulfill their potential through the power of listening. See this page to learn more about how the Listenwise team curates content.
Instructional Value of Podcasts
Learn about how teaching with podcasts can help teachers meet their instructional goals:
- Infographic: Use Listenwise to Meet Your Instructional Goals
- Article: The Value of Using Podcasts in Class (The Atlantic)
- Article: Listenwise: Bringing World-Class Podcasts to the Classroom (Cult of Pedagogy)
Click on the below graphic for the full infographic
Social and Emotional Learning
Learn how Listenwise can help to support students' social and emotional learning:
- Blog Post: Supporting Social and Emotional Learning with Listenwise
- Blog Post + Webinar: Webinar Recap: Current Events with an SEL Lens
- Blog Post + Webinar: October is National Bullying Prevention Month
Learn how Listenwise can help to promote civic engagement among students: