QUICK START GUIDE FOR TEACHERS
Step 1: Sign up and upgrade to Listenwise PREMIUM
New to Listenwise? Follow these steps to create a free account and upgrade to PREMIUM:
- Visit listenwise.com and click the orange Join Free button.
- Select I am a Teacher and create your account using one of two options:
- Click Sign up with Google.
- Fill in your information.
- To join your school’s subscription, enter your school’s PREMIUM code at the bottom of the form and then click Sign Up.
Already have a free account? Sign into your account and complete the below steps to upgrade to PREMIUM:
- Click Have a PREMIUM code? in the upper-right hand corner of your dashboard and enter the code from your school.
Step 2: Create classes and enroll students
From the Classes tab, you have two options to create classes. Selecting “Elementary Classroom” restricts the content students can find on their own to items appropriate for elementary students.
For more, check out our "How to Import Google Classroom Rosters" guide.
Step 3: Find a story to use
Step 4: Assign to students
You have three options to share stories with students: Create a customized written assignment, assign a multiple-choice auto-graded comprehension quiz, or share the audio via a Listening Link.
- If you want students to listen to a specific story and not complete an electronic assignment, you can share the audio via a Listening Link.
- Click Share Audio at the top right-hand corner of the lesson.
- Click Assign Quiz at the top right-hand corner of the lesson.
- Select a class to take the quiz, choose a due date, and assign listening supports to students OR assign to the whole class.
- Lastly, click Assign.
- Click Create Assignment at the top right-hand corner of the lesson.
- Follow the 5-step process to create your assignment.
- Once you’ve finished building your assignment, send it to your students.
- Select a due date for the assignment.
- Choose to assign to selected students, or to the entire class.
- Click Assign to Class.
Download & Print
Need more help with PREMIUM?
Want to learn more about Listenwise PREMIUM?
Sign up for one of our 30-minute live product training webinars to get an in-depth overview of Listenwise and learn how to integrate Listenwise into your classroom. Learn more and sign up here!