QUICK START GUIDE FOR TEACHERS
Step 1: Sign Up and Upgrade to Listenwise PREMIUM
New to Listenwise? Follow these steps to create a free account and upgrade to PREMIUM:
- Visit listenwise.com and click the orange Join Free button.
- Select I am a Teacher and create your account using one of two options:
- Fill in your information, then click Sign Up.
- Click Sign up with Google.
- To join your school’s subscription, skip to the grey box at the bottom of the page labeled Already a PREMIUM subscriber? and enter your school’s PREMIUM code
NOTE: Do not click “Get Started” to accept the special offer for a 30 day free trial.
Already have a free account? Sign into your account and complete the below steps to upgrade to PREMIUM:
- Click Have a PREMIUM code? in the upper-right hand corner of your dashboard and enter the code from your school.
Step 2: Create classes and enroll students
- Click the Classes tab in the menu bar.
- Click Add New Class.
- Enroll students:
- Send students to https://listenwise.com/students/sign_up.
- Students enter your class code.
- Students sign up with a username and password (email is not required), or choose Sign Up with Google.
Step 3: Find a story to use
Step 4: Assign to students
You have three options to share stories with students: Create a customized written assignment, assign a multiple-choice auto-graded comprehension quiz, or share the audio via a Listening Link.
- If you want students to listen to a specific story and not complete an electronic assignment, you can share the audio via a Listening Link.
- Click Share Audio at the top right-hand corner of the lesson.
- Click Assign Quiz at the top right-hand corner of the lesson.
- Select a class to take the quiz, choose a due date, and assign listening supports to students OR assign to the whole class.
- Lastly, click Assign.
- Click Create Assignment at the top right-hand corner of the lesson.
- Follow the 5-step process to create your assignment.
- Once you’ve finished building your assignment, send it to your students.
- Select a due date for the assignment.
- Choose to assign to selected students, or to the entire class.
- Click Assign to Class.