Sometimes the audio will not play when prompted and you receive the below message. This article describes common issues and how to solve them.
Your school’s ad or content blocker is likely blocking the audio from playing. Most teachers reporting this issue have uBlock Origin, so instructions for that extension are below:
1. Open Listenwise.com and click the uBlock Origin extension in the upper right-hand corner of the Chrome browser.
2. The uBlock Origin pop-up will appear. Click the blue power button to turn off uBlock Origin for Listenwise.
3. Refresh the page and try playing the audio again.
4. If the audio still won't play or you don't have access to this extension, you may need to have your IT department fix this setting for school devices or whitelist Listenwise.com
If the content blocker didn't fix it, here are a few other things to try to resolve the audio issue:
- Manually reload the page by hitting the refresh button in your browser.
- Try a different web browser.
- Try using Listenwise on a different device (tablet, laptop, smartphone)
- If possible, try using Listenwise on a different network (i.e. your home wifi) if you're currently on a school network.
Contact Listenwise Support
If you continue to receive errors and cannot resolve the issue, contact Listenwise Support for help. Fill out this form and our team will be happy to assist you!