We recommend doing a whole class listen for your first Listenwise activity. It's a great way to introduce your students to Listenwise, and prep is easy! See below for tips and tricks:
How to structure your listening activity:
- Find a relevant story for your classroom (remember to favorite stories you like!).
- We recommend a Current Event story because they are a great way to engage students in discussion and promote SEL.
- Listen together as a class! Use the built-in questions on the Assignment Resources tab of
the story to guide a group discussion.
- You can share your screen and let students follow along with the transcript.
Tips while listening:
- Share your screen: Allow students to read along with the transcript as they listen.
- Listen twice: Just listen the first time, share the built-in comprehension questions for the second listen, and then have a class discussion.
- Press Pause: Stop the audio to ask questions, clarify content, and have students take notes.
For more ideas, check out the teacher stories and best practices in this article.