Your student may be asked to complete assignments in Listenwise, but they also have the opportunity to search and listen to podcasts on their own. You can listen together at home!
Listenwise has a growing library of high-quality educational audio content, and topics include current events and curriculum topics in ELA, Social Studies, and Science.
Here are a few ways to listen together:
- Invite your student to find a topic that interests him and ask them to tell you about it. He can search and listen to podcasts in his Listenwise account (instructions below).
- Listen to a podcast together! From the Current Events tab in the menu bar, choose a podcast and listen.
- Here are 5 Ways to use Listenwise as a family.
Here is a breakdown of finding content on Listenwise:
- Get started by exploring the Current Events or Subjects tab in the menu bar. You can also use the Search feature to find specific topics.
- Choose a podcast that interests you from our fun and engaging library.
3. When you click into a story, press the play button to begin listening! There is a transcript available, which lets you and your student read along with the transcript as you listen.