Welcome to Listenwise! Follow the steps below to begin listening to podcasts.
You can also check out this video for a quick breakdown of how to use Listenwise:
Sign into Listenwise with Your Google Account
Go to app.listenwise.com/students or click the assignment link posted to Google Classroom.
Click Login with Google on the right-hand side of the page.
Follow the prompts to sign into your Google Account.
Explore Your Dashboard!
1. Assignments: Any assignments you need to do will be listed on your dashboard. Click Start to access an assignment.
2. Spanish Language Navigation: You can change the language in your account from English and Spanish. If you switch to Spanish, the menus, buttons, and other important text on your dashboard will be translated. For more help with changing the language on Listenwise, see this article.
3. Search & Browse: You can search for topics that interest you and listen to podcasts on your own.
Complete a Written Assignment
Once you click Start, you’ll see an assignment like the one below. Your teacher may remove some of the listening supports and other resources. Click the play button to start listening!
1. Toolbar: Highlight any text on the page to have it read out loud, defined in English, show a picture dictionary, or translated into 16 languages.
2. Listening Speed Button: Click this to listen to the podcast at a slower speed.
3. Transcript & Audio: The audio and transcript can be available with every podcast (your teacher may remove it from assignments). Click Play to listen to the podcast.
4. Assignment: Below the audio and transcript, complete the questions and prompts to complete your assignment.
Take a Quiz
A quiz will look something like the example below. Your teacher may or may not let you see the interactive transcript (this example does not include the transcript). Once you listen to the podcast, click Next to answer the questions. You can re-listen as much as you need to when answering the questions. When you submit, you'll instantly see how you did on the quiz.
Review Your Quiz Data
Click on the My Progress button on your dashboard to see your quiz performance. It will show your performance on key listening skills, and assist in determining which skills are your strongest and where you have room for improvement.