Welcome to Listenwise! Follow the steps below to begin listening to podcasts on Listenwise in your Canvas course.
1. Create Your Account
Once you open your Canvas course, click on Listenwise from the Course Navigation menu.
The first time you launch Listenwise, you will either pair your existing Listenwise account with your Canvas account or create a new Listenwise account. You only need to do this once. See below for instructions for both scenarios:
Pair your existing account:
If you already have a Listenwise account, it will recognize you and you’ll see a message about merging your accounts. Click Yes, merge my accounts to proceed and pair your account.
Create an account:
If you don’t have a Listenwise account, you will need to complete the form to create an account. You won’t need to remember this password as Listenwise will automatically log you in whenever you open the Listenwise app again!
2. Explore Your Dashboard!
1. Assignments: Any assignments you need to do will be listed on your dashboard. Click Start to access an assignment.
2. Spanish Language Navigation: You can change the language in your account from English and Spanish. If you switch to Spanish, the menus, buttons, and other important text on your dashboard will be translated. For more help with changing the language on Listenwise, see this article.
3. Search & Browse: You can search for topics that interest you and listen to podcasts on your own.
3. Complete a Written Assignment
Once you click Start, you’ll see an assignment like the one below. Your teacher may remove some of the listening supports and other resources. Click the play button to start listening!
1. Toolbar: Highlight any text on the page to have it read out loud, defined in English, translated into Spanish, or show a picture dictionary.
2. Slowed Audio: Click this to listen to the podcast at a slower speed.
3. Transcript & Audio: The audio and transcript can be available with every podcast (your teacher may remove it from assignments). Click Play to listen to the podcast.
4. Assignment: Below the audio and transcript, complete the questions and prompts to complete your assignment.
4. Find and take a quiz
You can search and listen to stories from your dashboard. Your teacher may instruct you to take a quiz on your own. If so, you’ll see the Start Quiz button on a story with a quiz.
5. Review your quiz data
Click on the My Progress button on your dashboard to see your quiz performance. It will show your performance on key listening skills, and assist in determining which skills are your strongest and where you have room for improvement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.