Curious about how other teachers are using Listenwise Premium? We recently had our annual teacher survey, which is a great opportunity to hear how teachers are using Listenwise with their students.
Our teachers have spoken and here are some ways they get the most out of Listenwise:
- Use a weekly Current Event like Weird News, Kid News, or Debate Friday.
- It can be a quick listen! Our stories are a great 10-minute bell-ringer.
- TIP: The assignment scheduling feature can help you plan ahead.
- Use Listenwise as an activity during a station rotation model.
- Listen together and then have students respond in writing to a prompt as an exit ticket.
- TIP: Quizzes are a quick and easy independent activity. Plus, you’ll also get data on students’ listening skills!
- Use the slowed audio option, multiple listens, and vocabulary lists to work on both content and language instruction.
- Student assignments can include supports like an interactive transcript and read-aloud or dictionary options.
- TIP: Use the Teacher’s Guide tab of a lesson for plug-and-play options to teach the content.
- Use the built-in comprehension and discussion questions to start a class discussion and practice academic conversations.
- Listenwise is flexible: introduce new topics, reinforce units of study, or provide extension activities.
- TIP: Lessons are standards-aligned, so you can find a story that meets a particular standard.